Join us on Avalon Waterways 10-day “Suite-Ship” the Panorama on October 29, 2018. We’ll begin our European adventure with two nights in Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, then sail along the Danube River, and end in Hungary’s exciting capital of Budapest. This is a cruise with a wine theme and a Master of Wine will sail with us and will share his expertise at lectures and wine tastings!
In Prague, guided sightseeing shows us the city’s best-known treasures and an excursion takes you to Mĕlník to visit the wine cellars of the Lobkowicz family. Then we’ll drive to Regensburg, one of Germany’s best-preserved medieval cities. Lovers of architecture will delight in the treasures this town has to offer. Enjoy a tasting of local sausages before heading to Deggendorf, where our river cruise journey begins. Passau, the “City of Three Rivers” lies at the confluence of the Danube, Inn, and Ilz Rivers. We’ll walk the city with a Local Guide and marvel at the patrician houses and baroque St. Stephen’s Cathedral. In Linz, Austria, we’ll walk around the Hauptplatz, Austria’s largest medieval square which forms the center of the city and prepares our taste buds for an exclusive onboard food and wine-pairing dinner hosted by your Master of Wine. We’ll enjoy the splendid views as we cruise through the picturesque wine region of Wachau Valley. We’ll stop in Melk to visit the spectacular Benedictine Abbey; and in Dürnstein, we may join an optional interactive wine experience and tasting. Vienna, the “City of Music,” makes an immediate impression with its lavish Hofburg Imperial Palace and neo-renaissance Vienna Opera House. We’ll enjoy a guided tour of this magical city and then take time to explore on our own. In Bratislava, Slovakia’s capital, a guided walk takes us through the delightful Old Town and a visit to gothic St. Martin’s Cathedral.
Lastly, a local expert shows us the must-see sights of Budapest, then takes us to visit wine cellars right in the heart of the city! A perfect ending to this timeless European river cruise.
Highlights & Sightseeing
Day 1 Prague: welcome to Prague
Day 2 Prague: guided sightseeing, see the Astronomical Clock and visit Hradčany Castle grounds, excursion to Melnik
Day 3 Prague–Regensburg, Germany–Deggendorf (Embarkation): travel by motorcoach to Regensburg, guided sightseeing; special treat; transfer to Deggendorf; onboard welcome reception
Day 4 Passau: guided walk, onboard wine tasting and lecture by our Master of Wine
Day 5 Linz Austria: guided sightseeing, onboard Food and Wine pairing dinner
Day 7 Vienna: guided sightseeing
Day 8 Bratislava: guided sightseeing, visit St. Martin’s Cathedral
Day 10 Budapest (Disembarkation): your vacation ends this morning
• Captain’s welcome & farewell receptions with sparkling wine and canapés
• Welcome dinner
• Farewell dinner
• Daily full buffet breakfast with made-to-order egg station, hot and cold menu items
• Early and Late Riser breakfast
• Daily lunch buffet with pasta or carving stations
• Alternative light lunch or (weather permitting) grill fare at the Sky Bistro on the Sky Deck
• Daily four-course à la carte dinner in the main dining room
• Alternative dinner of petite portions or regional specialties with wines, in the Panorama Bistro
• Daily Afternoon Tea
• Daily Night Fare
• Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board your vessel
• In the event of water level problems or any problems of a technical nature, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or to alter the program.
• Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change is necessary, a substitute will be offered.
• Please check visa requirements with your local consulate(s); the responsibility for obtaining a visa rests with the traveler.
Appealing? Won’t you join us? I would love to make this happen for you.
Need more information? We service many of our clients entirely through email: